View Single Post
Old 2010-11-11, 05:26   Link #30
Zekori

Some of the anime original scenes actually fit the flow and flesh Elsee out a bit more than her just being the ditz (which can be a bit of a issue later down in the road in the manga, because its almost "flanderization"; so new depth is a welcome change). Found the scene with the mother to be amusing and the highlight. Wasn't put off from the pacing or the the added back story for Kanon's arc, and it's actually nice in the long run that their adding more depth in the very least for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Frankly I hate Kanon so seeing more of her doesn't make me happy, but there's nothing particularly wrong with the episode, I suppose. For the record, her arc feels to me like a "the ratings are dropping so let's do something crazy" thing more than a natural progression of the series. Idols and stunguns and magic, oh my. While I'd never call the series realistic, it's a bit too much too soon.
Quote:
That's why I said too much too soon. And the whole "idol with stunguns" thing annoys me much more than the magic, which is already established in the premise with the demons and all that.
To be fair, it's not like they added in the stun guns because they felt like there was a rating drop. Nearly everything, like others have mentioned is faithfully adapted to the original with slight modifications here and there.

Spoiler for Manga Chapter 07, Kanon Arc;:

As for the pacing as mentioned by others, gotta remember many things are easily skimmed and slapped into a single panel which can mean a bit given its faithful adaption. In this case to deal with a single panel it can usually take 20~30 seconds (ditto with the insert songs or Keima's mind blurbs which can take a page or a bit but anime screen time wise can take nearly a minute or two for effect), I mean look at some anime adaptions of some 4-komas pretty much the same thing going on.

That said, besides some new scenes here and there nothing really new from the original material besides it being animated; which is actually really nice for what it is.