Thread: Food you cook
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-24, 04:01   Link #18
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... I eat all kinds of different types of food ... with Italian food being the type I enjoy preparing the most. I especially love preparing flour based gravies, tomato based sauces to go on ... well, anything!

They type of food I love to eat (i.e. can't prepare much of anything of it) is Japanese cuisine. When I visited Japan a few years ago the folks I was staying with would prepare food by hand and I was in heaven! Even with that I was once taken to a restaurant in Kanazawa, and the seafood was inhumanly scrumptious. Oh wait ... I am diverging from the OP of the thread. Sorry!

I like to prepare Baba ghanoush too. Here is the base recipe from the link:

Quote:
...In the traditional method, the eggplant is first roasted in an oven for approximately 30 to 90 minutes (depending on the size of the eggplant) until the skin appears almost burnt and the eggplant begins to collapse. The softened flesh is scooped out, squeezed or salted to remove excess water, and is then pureed with the tahini. There are many variants of the recipe, especially the seasoning. Seasonings include garlic, lemon juice, ground cumin, salt, mint, and parsley. When served on a plate or bowl, it is traditional to drizzle the top with olive oil....
I like to eat it on top of home made Focaccia.

Great stuff.