View Single Post
Old 2006-11-01, 20:04   Link #481
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

little offtopic (it is sure late to say things like this...)

Lelouche Lamperouge can be translated with 2 fashionable ways (be ready ! )
-TheLadle Redlamp (yup yup... way bigger than an spoon... with his eye, he will tear a part a ladle ! )
-TheEquivocal Redlamp (equivocal...with or without his batman suit? XD)

trust me... it's really difficult as a french native to not burst in laughter when any character try to pronounce his name... (oh gosh, his nickname is also a bit... well, you see the picture) at the very first time you watch it...

that note aside. [/offtopic]

well... even if Code Geass is not a blockbuster like the trio "kanon, death note, negima", it's really refreshing and interesting

i was really surprised (positively) about the mecha design : they are... well, less fancy, grotesque or "ultimately-extra-supreme" surreal. like thoses in FMP or such, the knightmare were "realistic" i would say ~~
indeed, lancelot is really gorgeous, but again, a bit too "gundam"-like (it's not wrong, but it is too much fancy, comparing with the other mecha)

the plot doesn't place any revolutionnate story, but Lelouche is damn fascinating (i'm not shocked with his design... yet, i really think he was drawn almost perfectly according his cunning, intelligent mind. physically, a mix of Kamui of X and Shinn of GSD)
and i hope he will not be screwed like Light in Death Note (beginning to be completely nuts because of his power, etc).

the serie itself has a great potential (there is some issues, with the british clichés and the imperialism / japan = victim. but we can shuffle/randomize the name, we wouldn't be surprised, so it's really trivial and rather not important at all), looking for it ! (lelouche is one of the top characters of this season ! )

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-01 at 21:16.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote