View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 02:08   Link #28876
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Well, I don't know about you, but the 40 minutes of playing pretend or whatever sure bit her in the ass when her poor grades caused her to be harassed and treated like shit by her classmates for days on end.

If Ange's supposed to take the path that would lead to the best possible quality of life, it would be to prioritize her real life's well-being. There is a reason that "Self-Actualization" is usually the top need in the Hierarchy of Needs; Ange is pursuing self-congratulatory pandering from her imagination while she lets her academics, social life, personal life, and mental well-being go to shit.

And the worst part is she had so many opportunities to fix it. Even putting aside the whole "Eva wanted to love her and she ruined it" thing, she could have 1) Kept her grades up so her classmates had no incentive to single her out, 2) atleast attempted to make friends (apparently she didn't make that much of an effort), and 3) gotten some sort of hobby that's grounded in reality, and leave the pretending for her alone time when she's got nothing going on.

I mean shit, even if she just started writing stories about her characters like she does in the Magic Ending, it'd of been that much better received by her peers, because writing fiction as a form of emotional fulfillment IS HEALTHY AND NORMAL. Hell, she might have even made friends out of people who wanted to read it, and she'd be spreading "Maria Onee-chan's magic" at the same time.

It's a fucking win-win, and there's pretty much no justification for the actions Ange decided to take save that she was too busy sitting in her shit and bemoaning her tragedy.

You know, like Yasu.

I mean, shit, atleast Maria TRIED. She failed, but she tried. There's even a TIPS about how she went out of her way to get on her mother's good side and make her dreams a reality. You go, kiddo.