View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 18:45   Link #9
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What I mean by that is I often see people taking these numbers and rather than using them in the context which they were meant for which in my opinion is simply record keeping and insight into what people are buying, instead using them to imply all sorts of far reaching insinuations like x show is "the best of the season because it sold the most units" or "y show bombed therefore it shows it just wasn't very good and therefore irrelevant"
You forgot one other thing.

If I dislike an anime and that anime sells well, that means the Japanese have shit taste, and anyone who likes that piece of otaku-pandering moeshit should be ashamed for joining the mindless bandwagon and contributing to the cancer killing the animation industry.

And if I like an anime that sells badly, that also means the Japanese have shit taste, and anyone who doesn't like this mature and sophisticated anime (for mature and sophisticated people such as myself) is a foolish troglodyte who can't appreciate a true masterpiece and only watches otaku-pandering moeshit.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote