View Single Post
Old 2007-07-06, 09:07   Link #110
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Uh, sure... because there's no middle ground, right? If you don't love the series, you must hate it, right? Right!?

Give me a break. It's comments like this those which make me agree with people like Kaioshin_Sama about the over-hypeness of the series' fans.
Pardon me, I was being sarcastic in my post. I apologize for not being clear enough. I purposely added quotation marks over "Haru-tard" as an attempt to have a laugh at myself.

I don't deny being a "passionate" fan, I do admit that there are some within the "hardcore fandom" that I'd rather keep a distance from.

But what irks me is SOME people (not just here) just like to throw us all in one basket. Most of us here just enjoy and admire what is a jolly good show (or studio) with high production standards, and yet they simply brand ALL Haruhi-ists (or "Kyo-Ani-ists") as irrational. Well I can equally say the anti-Haruhi-ists are just as irrational, based on some of their behaviour on last year's 2006 SaiMoe tournament in 2ch, they're just hating Suzumiya Haruhi for the sake of hating it.

Though I concede maybe I'm getting a bit edgy when it comes to criticisms, especially with shows where I have a passion on. Kind of like how I can't stand people wishing ill-will on my favourite sports team. I do realize there's a difference between sports and anime, so I will take this as a lesson to be more tolerant, so bear with me.