View Single Post
Old 2007-08-22, 05:47   Link #141
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

The problem with this show (well, one of them anyway, since this show has several) is that Lucky Channel and the Shiraishi songs are such terrible notes to end on, they just leave a sour taste in my mouth. Someone needs to fire whoever made the decision to end each and every episode with Lucky Channel... [/ironic statement]

Other than that, this episode was strangely entertaining. I'm not saying it was funny, because it wasn't, but there was a certain charm to this particular ep. It's hard to explain, but it sort of felt like watching a repeat of one of your favourite Simpsons episodes from a decade ago for the ninth or tenth time... you don't exactly laugh at it, because you've seen it so many times before and all the jokes a familiar, but that familiarity is, for some reason, reassuring. But, no, this show isn't funny anymore, and hasn't been for the last six or so episodes. I generally judge anime comedies on how much they make me laugh - it's a simple criteria, but the genre really doesn't owe itself well to complexity. But, in all honesty, only the most exceptional comedies are still funny at this stage of their run... like, Ouran. Hell, even Hayate is starting to lose some of its luster.

Enough random ramblings. I guess, overall, this episode didn't feel like a complete waste of time, even though it wasn't all that funny, but Lucky Channel and Shirashi kinda ruin the experience.