Thread: Licensed Brave10
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-11, 20:05   Link #75
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I never said that. I don't care about target audience and I am not the one saying guys shouldn't watch this if it is indeed shoujo (nor am I saying girls won't enjoy it if it is aimed at guys).

But some posters on here seemed offended at the very idea that this series might be aimed at a female audience and that is what I can't understand.

Yes I did and it doesn't make me think "clearly shounen" at all. At the very least I will say it is unclear. It might have elements of shounen but it also has elements that appeal very much to a female audience.

No that's not what the magazine says. It says it's changing the perception of what shounen & shoujo is. Hence the series could be neither but trying to target both audiences.
Yeah it's talking about the magazine it's published in it never talks about the manga. Just the magazine it's published in.

And also precisely what in the episode was clearly aimed at females, obviously there's plenty of females out their that enjoy shounens but that doesn't make them aimed at them. I mean the girl was the oblivious fanservice girl so common in shounens, and the guy was the typical cool calm and collected "badass" lead there's was some fights, shounen romances and dark forshadowing, that's it. Is he attractive to females yeah, like Sasuke in Naruto and plenty of others characters that share that design. Does that make Naruto Shoujo or aimed at girls? No.

Also the magazine it came from "Comic Flapper" before it joined that magazine is seinen. So yeah It's blatantly obviously aimed at a male demographic, this arguement was kinda pointless.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-01-11 at 20:27.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote