View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 15:39   Link #806
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I think by Kubo's logic Renji's Bankai would still be stealable as long as he has already shown everything there is to it.
Since Kubo's confirmed that Renji has gained some new tricks with his bankai during the time skip, its not a bad assumption to assume they might've not been able to steal his bankai afterall. Besides, if you stop to think about it, he's just as much of a n00b with bankai as Ichigo since they both gained bankai at pretty much the same exact time. Another fact to consider is that it supposedly takes at least 10 years to master Bankai. So if we assume that those who've possessed bankai for under 10 years are automatically immune to bankai theft, then I guess it makes even more sense for Renji to be exempt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I think the invasion will stop here though. If Yamamoto loses, there is no SS anymore. He just needs to stay on standby to protect what's left of SS.
If Yamamoto loses, it just the Royal Guard will finally have a reason to come out of hiding (finally). I can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now that you mention it... since Hitsugaya's bankai was successfully stolen, does that mean it had no potential for growth/evolution?
Good point. Perhaps hitsugaya's potential just isn't anywhere's near as high as Ichigo's multi-dimensional ceiling of power? So even if Hitsugaya still has room for improvement, the full extent of his power is far easier to predict in comparison to someone who's maximum power can't be felt much less measured and analyzed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The other thing that bothers me about Yama's explanation is that Sasakibe hadn't used in bankai in a thousand years (meaning it couldn't have been analyzed) yet it was stolen anyway.
The thing is, we don't yet know a whole lot about Juha Bach's past. So I suppose its entirely possible for himself or someone else to have analyzed Sasakibe's bankai during the period of time he spent trying to master it (years before he stopped using it). Of course this assumes that Juha Bach's connections with Soul Society and shinigami go back thousands of years.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote