View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 03:04   Link #55
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Kira, you are 29, you are too old to be that naive.

In international politics, there are no morals or ethics, no enemies or friends.
Today's friend is potentially tomorrows enemies
Today's enemies is potentially tomorrows friend
Morals and Ethics has NEVER matter in the past and will NEVER matter in the future.
We slammed the door at South Africa for decades after all and no one saw anything wrong with that. In fact, it was very welcome by everyone; God, I wish I was old enough to make noise in front of a South African embassy when it was time to shout "Down with the Apartheid! Free South Africa!"

Right now, all I know is that the PRC is making itself as an enemy for everyone and they are asking for a new Cold War (at the very least), make no mistake about it. When you ask for trouble like that, you should live with consequences going with your decisions and I'm just expecting to see serious consequences from my own eyes. If there is something to gain from economics by Western countries, they should try harder with all neighbouring countries (esp. India, Thailand and Vietnam).

Seriously, I think the West should have never gone to the PRC and contribute to their economic growth, especially not after the 1989 incidents which should have left an unmovable black eye about how the PRC should be perceived as. At the other end, the Chinese people (yes the people) should have taken more serious measures in response to the 1989 incidents (be it a more serious political movement or an armed response at the other extreme of the spectrum); it's probably the only thing where I have a beef with the people (not the government leaders whom I already showed my disdain to). But history showed otherwise, and the West created that monster as we know today by doing business with Beijing.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2012-11-30 at 03:21.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote