View Single Post
Old 2007-04-24, 00:16   Link #674
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xat View Post
Lunar definitely has a better track record than we do, however consensus on anidb seems to show that for sola in particular, you can't go wrong with any group (translation wise and in general).

Comments in favor of Doremi note more fitting typesetting (as in font choice, color) and better video quality. As for me, I control just about everything on the aesthetics front of Doremi's version so naturally I'm heavily biased. >.>

For the most part all groups are using the same raw sources, so I'm inclined to believe most people won't see too much of a quality difference. Ureshii might be opting to wait out for better raws (which seem to appear 1 to 2 weeks later)--not sure how they are for other aspects (not enough feedback for me to speculate, although one commenter seems to be very happy with them).
Thanks very much for that unusually objective assessment ... most people seem to have more trouble doing that.

Why I'm whining about file size, a typical anime runs ~180MB but all the listings for sola are running 200-300+ MB outside of one or two XVid releases.
That's kind of an ouch for me given my net provider's ridiculous band caps (new Hughesnet limits are 400MB/24hrs total up+down with a 24 hr recovery cappage down to dialup speed ... effectively they just quartered everyone's daily throughput limits and pretty much guaranteed even Mom&Pop RV will get capped if they watch much video).
Yes, I'm trying to find another solution but telco/cable/rabidsquirrels are not an option or I wouldn't have the sat-isp in the first place, but thanks.