View Single Post
Old 2010-08-11, 11:03   Link #47
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Looking back on it, I suppose love at first sight does exist... in a sense.

Really, I think there is a fine line between first sight, and love at first sight. I think it's perfectly possible that both can be separate events. First sight, means you meet a person. But really, you don't know much about them. Blind, so to speak. But, when you stay with them, socialize, get to know them, and see who they really are, then your eyes start to open a little... "Hey, maybe there's more to this person than I think..."
Eventually, if "first sight" is simply infatuation, then that's sorta still seeing blind. But as the relationship progresses, and the more you know them, the more you spend time with them, the more that you open your eyes... eventually, you finally "see" them for who they are. They can be viewed in a light you haven't seen before. You realize that the person next to you is that special person you love. I think that is what it truly means, to be bound by love at first sight.

Okay, maybe not the literal answer some of you were looking for. But it can exist in a sense... though not too many people think as abstractly as I do...
This is to some extent what I was getting at in my last post. I agree. Well said, Mr. wang!