View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 18:52   Link #2128
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
The issues with Ades seem to mirror the ones with the Huckebein in Nanoha Force - it gets frustrating when the bad guys win all the time. I know the bad guys have to win some in order to be seen as a threat (I'm looking at you, Suite Precure), but there's a sweet spot between that and being frustratingly invincible. At least this series doesn't combine unstoppable bad guys with the sadism of Force, which resulted in me giving up on the series.
But ironically they really haven't won all the time which also got its share of nitpicking about how could they be losing any battles they should be so powerful, to me they've won and lost and at the moment they are on a short winning streak in the last two conflicts at the mid-season (Turan's almost alliance with Anatoray short-circuited with Liliana's return and Glacies), (and as you also pointed out with me, a later victory will be sweeter for it), it's just that quite appropriately they've ultimately had the biggest couple of victories so far since they are on the offensive actively invading other nations and their losses have mostly been on the fleet level since they have the largest military with multiple large fleets and they are the strongest world power and no nations have yet been able to ally themselves with each other against them or do so fast enough yet (plus they have Luscinia and Alauda and their Guild knowledge and Alauda's assassins to enhance their chances, just as they did against Turan by knowing to go after Liliana and their Exile), I mean I remember some talking and complaining about how they suffered losses of several of the earlier battles during the battle with the pirates (before they got Turan's Exile - ep1), and the battle with Silvius and Sadri's battle with Glacies which both tied together as losses, illustrating when they were losing some skirmishes there were some complaining Ades were losing despite it specifically being against powers that specialized in vanships and smaller combat vehicles, the next evolution of combat, despite being such a world power that makes massive battleships that they should somehow automatically be able to handle vanships and that their ships should be automatically designed to be protected from all weaknesses against vanships despite vanships and smaller craft as armed fighters like Glacies' fighters being a new form of combat that Ades had clearly not been fully prepared for and not designed their ships designs and defenses against since they either didn't see it coming or underestimated the value of this new form of combat in favor of their battleship strategy (as evidenced by their need to develop new weapons over a long period of time that they finally rolled out with a test against the pirates and then finally just last ep for real).

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-02-01 at 22:52.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote