View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 13:14   Link #244
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I totally agree. And that aside, the special nature of this situation plays into it too. It's actually kind of impressive that there aren't more post-launch bugs considering the game apparently has not been getting any patches (since no one could logout to update). In any modern game these days, despite beta tests, you still expect a lot of bugs/exploits to be discovered post-launch and to be fixed later. If it weren't for the unexpected high stakes of death in this case, it is indeed quite likely the development team would have considered this bug not a big deal at all.
No, they'd all have jumped on it to solve it. Because it's pretty much the only bug, so the maintenance team is bored out of its mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoye View Post
I'm pretty sure some MMO have an option to automatically deny a duel (and also party invite, whispers, etc..).
Main purpose was to avoid harassement, but this could be a way to counter sleep PK.
- Just because it's in "some" MMO doesn't mean it has to be in SAO.
- It doesn't matter. The problem with sleep-PK or sleep-anything is that they can operate your menu. As if they broke and entered your home while you're AFK so they can manipulate your character. There's no counter to that except not sleeping where people can reach you, or having trustworthy people guard you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Now off that topic and onto common sense. If something was to happen like this in real life and the key to stop it was the game had to be won.. you would think they would modify NERV gear themselves so they are not dangerous and send in crack troops into the game itself.. either hacking or logging in.. and than organize and protect the hostages and clear the floors. All the worlds governments I can not see anyway to prevent something like this no matter how intelligent the psycho developer was after all the governments always have technology the rest of the world does not have so the psycho developer could not protect against everything! The story just has so many flaws outside of the game world.
- it's a Japanese problem.
- more importantly, if you're going to assume they have some "secret technology" that can do anything, why not assume they have a "log out everyone without killing them" button, but have refuse to push it because of bureaucratic inertia?

In fact, thinking about it, spoofing a completion signal to the NervGears to trigger the release sounds much, much easier than creating hundreds of accounts for a system on a powerful computer that is rigged not to accept any more.

But "easier" isn't the same as "doable".

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2012-08-06 at 15:00.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote