View Single Post
Old 2006-01-01, 21:01   Link #88
Moon Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
@ WD: whether Shinn could destroy Orb or not I didn't think mattered to him so much as the fact that Athrun just busted him for trying to kill LUNA, and now, after all was said and done, Shinn abused his power and then was left with nothing. And then odds are, Shinn remembered that he came down on Athrun for getting savioured. So essentially he became the very thing he hated...a powerless nobody that just was not worthy of his own respect...basically all of Shinn's bad sentiments on Athrun came to bite him in the ass even harder.

Well, I guess what goes around comes around. Shinn thought he was going to bring peace and happiness, and in the end, wanted to kill everyone including Luna. He got what was coming to him for the entire series. Kira got his in ep 34, Athrun in 37. Did anybody REALLY expect Shinn to come out of this unscathed?

Edit: About the Talia/Rey issue: what was Athrun going to do? Shoot the gun out of Talia's hand and say "bitch, you and this psycho kid are coming with us, no questions asked. Now move it along or I'll bust a cap in yo azz!"? Talia and Rey made their decisions, and frankly, I doubt Athrun wanted to deal with them any longer. He gave them their final respect rather than dragging them along unwillingly.
I have to say I don't agree with your assement. Fundementally because it would mean that Shinn had no character development at all even till the end of the series. Watching the episode plus, that would not seem to be the case to me. Shinn did grow at the very end. If the only reason why he cried was because he was beaten there would be no meaning to it. No push for growth on the part of Shinn.

As for Talia. Regardless, I think it just once again shows the hypocracy of the Lacus team.
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote