View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 15:07   Link #3426
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
He's more the a figurehead, he's the commander and chief, and his exceutive orders are pretty much law.
And I agree with what you said about both sides being toxic too. There's just too many "special interests groups" and big money organizations at work behind the scenes.
And then again Obama dud say back in 2008 that he would do away with the above mentions groups. Oh well.
I'm concerned with the growing power of presidential executive orders as well, but my feelings are you could put Romney or Obama in that position and very little would change - thus, a figurehead. I still think they represent cogs in the system. Playing up on contentious issues that have a low impact on the inner workings of government spending, foreign aggression, and outright corruption merely create the illusion of a gaping difference between the parties. I'm quite liberal socially, but do I see any REAL difference between the two fraud parties in their social stances (on a national level)? No, not really, just a lot of lip service. Luckily local politics is more high-impact on social issues, but while these are important, I would like some actual alternatives to reckless spending and militarism that is the status quo for both parties on a national level.