View Single Post
Old 2007-04-03, 06:58   Link #251
wtflux

yeah, ascaloth, i have a lot of trouble with doing that(both keeping it simple and not being stupid). although, i wouldn't call it a just a personal gripe with the story rather than an objective analysis of the situation(some people simply don't care because they aren't reading the story for the element i'm describing, even though it exists prominently, or maybe their standards are lower than mine). if you don't have a problem with the pacing it's probably because you don't care about it, since the pacing has been almost nonexistent since volume 1.

considering the story's audience, comparing it to great writing is unfair, so i suppose it fits its niche. i just enjoy doing it because it sort of helps me define what a quality story is, and i think it'd be nice if tanigawa would step it up. it i'm not really expecting it, but better quality can never hurt, right?

anyways, i'm going to translate a small portion(2-3 pages) of a dialogue between koizumi and kyon, talking about haruhi, sasaki, and closed spaces. i'll probably edit it into here.
wtflux is offline   Reply With Quote