View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 17:36   Link #84
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the laws would change over the course of time between when the game starts and it ends (either everyone dies or someone clears the last boss).
"laws would change" only if people on the outside the ability to see what was happening inside SAO. Nothing we've seen to date in the anime suggests yea or nay on that, but since the outside world has effectively been ignored by the anime it's safest to assume no such things will happen.

As I mentioned before, I expect things will be very very quiet on the "RW legal response to PK'ing" front until a week or so after people get out.. when the inevitable "oh yah, my friend was killed by this other guy"... then the shit hits the fan, but for laws? Any new laws implemented at that point would be akin to closing the barn down after the horse has left, and someone else burned the barn down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Every player death reduces the chance that someone will clear the game
It's ironic, but not terribly surprising considering human nature and the drive to be the strongest in a game, that the front line players seem to utterly avoid the mid-level players and those still in the starter towns (assuming of course that a vast majority of the survivors are still somewhere around the first few levels). That's hard to infer from what little the anime has told us, but the party leader seeking front line help vs. the Titan's Hand PK guild suggests that if the front-liners aren't impacted... there may be very little involvement.

Hard to say considering Asuna and Kirito stopped working on the front lines in response to the 'murder in a safe area' case and the little snippets from their conversation about sleep PK. Too little information has been presented in the anime to-date. Let's not discuss this here, it's rather off-topic.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote