Thread: Licensed Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-05, 00:55   Link #57
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I have to admit though, I kind of feel sympathetic with the perv. little boy and his shima-pan love.
I don't think I would have gone to such extremes as he did... but the decision to get rid of them (by taking them off ) was hilariously awesome!
Actually, this ... boy ... is sort of a mascot for Navel (the company behind the VN this is based on) i guess - he appeared in Shuffle! as well, with similar intentions.

Perverted kids aside, if asked to describe this episode in a word, i would say "hectic". The rapid bombardment of directionless dialog left me dizzy, and focus was all over the place. I guess that is the effect they were aiming for, and i did settle in to the pace as the show went on (or maybe it just slowed down), but it was definitely an odd experience. I just hope that from this point, now that they have established (more or less ...more in some cases, less in others) the 4 viewpoints this apparently will be following, the show will slow down a bit.

I have a feeling that if they try to cram something from all 4 viewpoints in each episode, the experience will be quite fragmented. Personally i would prefer them sticking to two or so separate 'sides' in each episode, but maybe that's just me. The little girl was absolutely hilarious though (I borderline expected a policeman to pop up when that guy was trying to pull her skirt down and was 'wrestling' with her ), and i find certain appeal in the show's crude and direct humor.

So ...yeah. Disorienting as the first episode is, it was also entertaining enough to make me want to see more (and how they handle the 4 perspectives, which in itself is reasonably unique). Now, if only the fanservice was less crude ... (and double so for the even cruder tape-censoring).