View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 12:33   Link #109
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hm, I'm not sure if altering a person's vision directly falls within the displayed modus operandi of the phenomenon though, or if it's capable of influencing other supernatural cases. It doesn't seem to be actively preventing people from trying to investigate itself (It could have prevented Akazawa from remembering how she met Koichi ... a memory originally erased, or erasing the tape altogether once they found it), merely doing a one-time alteration of past events (memories and records) to allow Another back in community as if nothing happened.

In other words, anything beyond records and memories (which are a form of records) hasn't been shown as something within the phenomenon's influence. Aside from making people die, obviously. If Chibiki is to believed, it's neither malicious nor sentient/conscious , and as such probably wouldn't do anything beyond providing the initial grounds for Another to exist once again, then running it's natural course.
since I'm speculating a bit, not much, I'll put it under spoiler tags
Spoiler for speculations:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.