Thread: Licensed Green Green
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-18, 23:13   Link #59
Seiryuu

What an episode! All the perversions and violations were worth it for this. However, I'll probably spend some time philophosizing before I come off the fence on my overall opinion of the ending.
NOTE: BELOW HERE, I AM TOTALLY INDISCRIMINATE CONCERNING WHAT OTHERS HAVE AND HAVEN'T SEEN. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SERIES TO EP 12, GET THE *%&#$^#@$% OUT OF HERE.
That said and done with, I must say this is the first series I've seen in awhile that holds this point of view. A rare and generally unpopular viewpoint in this modern world. Some religions, and some denominations of Christianity, believe in predestination, but even they hold that we have at least some control over our fates. I can't remember the last time I've seen a series that suggests that one can't change their destiny. Even when the hero has to fight the creator of the universe itself, he ends up coming out on top.
Yet, I'm not sure that this one says you can't fight fate. I mean, in the end, Midori was satisfied that their souls were one, even if they could not exist in the same millennium. So, did they beat fate or not?
On a side note, before the forum crash, on a review of ep 10, when Yusuke regained his memories, someone posted a simple outburst of laughter towards fans of Futaba. First I'll say I'm one of them. I knew that Yuusuke's heart belonged to Midori, and I wanted them to be together. But frankly, I can't stand that type of girl(you know, breasts bigger than her head, less sense than the SanBaka monkey-doubles). I personally would always choose an assertive, tomboyish, modestly-endowed girl like Futaba(or Lina, or Akane...) over an overly-endowed bimbo. But so far as the laughs directed at us, who's laughing now? I'm not sure, cuz I can't really say which of the two girls really won out in the end. Philosophical debates could be spawned by such a scenario.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote