View Single Post
Old 2007-05-08, 14:30   Link #60
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
What's about that Characters thread? We can expand it to include discussions on the in-canon characters as well, since fanfics also depend on them and we can also use the thread to polish our characterisations of them, or at least get everyone to agree on some points. But I think we'll leave canon relationships out of this, otherwise this is going to be the Somalia of Nanoha forums. But that's up to everyone to vote.

In other words, is there going to be a thread?
last I heard, we needed a detailed opening post, and it so happens that I have the time, so... *Cracks knuckles*

------------------------------------------

Title: Character creation and discussion

This thread is made for people want to discuss the existing characters of nanoha, or those who have their own Original Characters in the Nanoha-verse, and wish to discuss them. This is also a good place for those who are looking for characters to add in fanfictions or RPG’s to get a few ideas, or complete characters.

To avoid this thread going in the wrong direction, there are a few ground rules.
  • Do note that, like most threads, this one is a discussion thread. It’s not simply a place where you dump your own character and never look back. As such, you really should make at least a few comments before you post your character.
  • Discussion means that people will disagree with you. Try to listen to them before ignoring them for trying to ‘kill your darlings’
  • Try to listen to advice and suggestions. Some of the people here really know what they’re talking about.
  • No character is god. Invincible characters are boring, and generally show a lack of challenge. I can guarantee you that any character with invincibility’s will get shot down immediately by the users. Seriously, don’t try it.

So with that out of the way, how do we create a character? Weeeell, the first thing would be to decide whether it is a him or a her. Details, I know, but very important. Second would be looks. Hair, eyes and clothes are all very important in this regard. Following would be whether she is good or evil –this is relatively important for the personality, which will come up next- Personality is the core of a character, and makes up the ‘who’ of your character. After that, it’s down to the best part: Powers! Devices, spells, specializations, go wild! Just… make sure your character is not too powerful, okay? Even superman had his kryptonite.

Oh, and of course a background. Where did you character come from? What did he/she go through to become the way he/she is? Etc. etc.

How detailed you describe everything is up to you, but I can guarantee you, the more details, the more there is to discuss. And that’s what this thread is all about, right?

-----------------------------------------

That should be it. Anyne else have a few things we might add?