View Single Post
Old 2010-06-27, 03:39   Link #314
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Just to support what musouka said 3 pages back, Kanade did say "yeah/yes" to Otonashi. If it isn't in the sub, that's just another "lost in translation" case. That's why I always made sure no keyword was lost in editing back when I was translating, because a single missing/misuse of keyword can totally change the meaning of the whole story. In this case, a simple "yeah" already affects audience's understanding of Kanade's feeling. Anyway, what Kanade said was "un, arigatou", and the "un" there isn't "hm" or a pause or something like that, but "yeah".
You don't need sub to understand that much really (and i hate it when people assume we know nothing because we need sub. "Thank you" and "I love you" are probably the two easiest lines to learn also).
Kanade did say "un" but not to the propose of staying forever with him. It was to Otonashi's "I love you", acknowledging that she understood his feeling for her. She left out her answers as "Thank you"...which i personally will say more "No" than "Yes"