View Single Post
Old 2007-06-08, 04:36   Link #1379
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

JEEB is looking for new blood.

Group: JEEB fansubs
Positions: Translator(s), Encoder, Editors / Quality checkers, Typesetters/Karaoke scripters, IRC Channel Bot Operator
Sure/Current Projects: Lucky☆Star, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
IRC Channel: #jeeb @ irc.rizon.net
E-mail: jeebjp {atmark} gmail.com
MSN Messenger: jeebatk {atmark} hotmail.com

I have been fansubbing for some two months already and with several releases you can say that I exist. But being alone has its minus points, errors in Q/C and maybe the lack of editing. As I would like to take upon the continuation of Higurashi, I put out an advert. But you, if you wish, can take part in the Lucky☆Star translation, as well. New people are always welcome.

Details about positions:
  • Translator: Your job will be the main translation of an episode with the OP(s) and ED(s), so rather good knowledge of Japanese and English is required. Usually at least two people will be doing one episode, so the burden is not that big as with doing one episode wholly alone. Of course particular availability during the primary phase of translation (first 3-4 days after the episode has aired) is needed during the time while the show is aired. Preferably the translation is done together with a rough timing, but I can help with that.
  • Encoder: Your job will be making the hard-karaoke'd and marked video from available raw material for the softsubs to be laid on, or - if hardsubs will be selected completely - the final video with hardsubs "burned" into the video. Must be somehow experienced with encoding using x.264 CLI. - Position Filled
  • Editor / Quality Checker: Your job will be to view the first translations with RAW video and make remarks / corrections about things that do not seem right. Also the main typo checking is on your shoulders. After the script has been properly timed for the first time, you will check it so that it feels right, and, when the first ready release candidate comes out, you will watch it through 2-3 times and report possible mistakes in scripting / possible problems with the encode. Some knowledge of Japanese and rather good knowledge of English is required.
  • Typesetter / Karaoke Scripter: Your job will be to make the main image of the fansubs. Mood adaptation, general styling in subtitles combined with the karaoke effects and sign placing are your essential link in the group. Good knowledge of ASS scripting required. Also the main timing will be done by you, so preferably some knowledge of Japanese is required (even though you might have the rough timing done for you already). - Position Filled

If you are interested in any of the positions and think you can be an active part of a group during summer-fall 2007, or just have any questions about them, please contact me through e-mail, the website, MSN Messenger or through PM in this forum. Also people that can help with seeding of releases and/or XDCC and raw comparisons are always needed, so please be in contact with me if you can help with that.

The next series begins 2007/07/06 @ 26:30 (which is 2007/07/07 @ 2:30) JST.

With best regards,
JEEB

Last edited by JEEB; 2007-06-21 at 06:40. Reason: Added the IRC channel data, checked some positions