View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 02:49   Link #2215
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Here's a thought that just occurred to me that might make the creation of ki completely unnecessary if it's used right;

What if I made Asuna into a prototype of Vivio? That is, an attempt to piece together the genetic data that spawned the Saint's Armor, created by the same scientists who created Vivio? Asuna would be a predecessor of Vivio by several years, the last and most successful attempt at recreating the Saint's Armor prior to the scientists receiving the genetic data on the Shroud of the Saint King from Jail. Her version of the Saint's Armor wouldn't be as complete as Vivio's is, so instead of providing total protection against both magical and physical damage, Asuna's only nullifies magic damage.

She would be rescued, of course, by Nagi Springfield and the Ala Alba, a group of mages working for the Saint Church investigating rumors connected to vandalisms and robberies of holy sites, or something of that nature. She would then be turned over to the Church for safekeeping and grow up to become a Knight of the Church.

Also, take notice: Asuna and Vivio both have heterochromia. But where their left eyes are different colors (blue for Asuna, red for Vivio), both of them have green right eyes. Coincidence? Or perhaps a quirk caused by having similar genetic data?
*rubs throbbing temples*

I'd prefer that Asuna is someone else than Vivio's clone. As it is, canon is oversimplifying most cloning processes already, and seeing yet another clone from the same genetic procedure that predates the current one is not going down well with me.

Plus, it's inherently impossible to just do a random alignment of genetic codes and hope that it miraculously coincide with the result intended. Without prior originals as a base, geneticists definitely would not waste time and resources finding the right combination for the said skill. The human genome has three billion bases, and if we even consider that a working sequence takes about a thousand basepairs, the probability of finding the correct combination is close to zilch. That, and the freaking huge permutations involved, you do the math yourself.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote