View Single Post
Old 2006-10-01, 17:04   Link #7
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
What was not okay was the overuse of the police tape, a la Chocotto Sister, even when considering TV Tokyo broadcasting codes. This is quickly becoming a cop-out (no pun intended) solution, which just irritates the viewers.
I agree it's annoying, but from a marketing standpoint I'm sure it helps them sell DVDs. Rather than remove all the fanservice to conform to TV Tokyo's codes, they can slap on the yellow tape and give fans another reason to buy the DVDs. It seems like a lot of anime series are doing this lately, there's Chocosis, Gun x Sword blocked service out in at least one episode (although not with yellow tape), Girls Bravo was like that with the fog on the TV broadcast being removed for the DVDs, and even Canvas 2 has 'extra fanservice' on the DVDs that wasn't in the broadcast version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
Is anyone subbing this? I'm a rabid GA fan. o_O
According to a post on Akai-Anime's website from a week ago, they're going to sub it--but they're also recruiting editors and timers, so I'm sure the timing of when we see GA II fansubs will depend on their success recruiting.

Just finished downloading the raw, I'll probably only get 5% of the dialogue but I'll watch it anyway since I love GA. There's a paragraph in the GA II Wikipedia entry that makes me wonder if the anime is going to have an ongoing plot instead of just being random single-episode adventures that aren't really connected like the original series--did anyone who watched the first ep see any signs of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by from GA II Wikipedia entry
The anime has been announced to be released for October 1st. Closely linked to the game, the anime will not be the random adventures like the original GA Anime. Instead, it will feature the game's main characters but an actual plot has not been announced yet.

Last edited by suguru; 2006-10-01 at 17:15.