View Single Post
Old 2006-10-15, 21:25   Link #46
Harukalover
In exile

You said "appears". Now depending on your eyes it could look exactly the same or you can notice differences. Some of us can notice those differences. Unless you have some reference file you can point to (Where there's a large difference in size but no difference in quality) then that argument is flawed. Since it's only an opinion at that point.

Why I go for a middle ground you ask? Well simple... my group usually makes me do so. In the end it's hard to convince a leader of a group that for the single release the size will be 250MB. I usually try not to let other staff members influence what I do in an encode but I do bend slightly. (Once they start asking for stupid stuff like H264 in AVI I freak out).

Anyway to end this pitiful debate. I'll say this... For my encodes, I decide filesize. I decide the codecs I use. I decided the container I use. I don't change that for the viewers. I may change for my fellow staff but not for the viewers. If you don't like it... well I suggest taking some time to learn a bit and start encoding for fansub groups yourself. Then you can release 90MB encodes all you want.

And no I don't pick high filesizes out of nowhere and plan it just to hurt people who have less space on HDD or a crappy connection. I do it (After testing compressibility) cause it's the most pleasing to my eyes and to hopefully my viewers as well. I aim to give them the best product possible. Not the smallest product possible.

Last edited by Harukalover; 2006-10-15 at 21:26. Reason: Forgot something...
Harukalover is offline   Reply With Quote