View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 09:20   Link #10031
Naginoura
匂宮家

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
No, I'm not opposed to another arc, nor do I think that Nisio has run out of things to talk about. I've posted four or five times that there are quite a few genres Nisio hasn't yet touched. Like the rare Romances that go beyond the confession ( Clannad Afterstory, Mysterious Girl Friend X). Psychological Thrillers (Liar Game) and Seinen and Josei tropes. I've emphasized this several times, but I think it got drowned in the conversations. Don't get me wrong here.

(...)

Of course, it was Devil Style that got Zenkichi killed. But now that Zen's Devil Style is inactive, I fear the suitors have made a huge, huge mistake. Without Devil Style, the playing field now tilts towards the Hakinowa Students. Contrived Coincidence is now a possibility. One or two of the suitors well be Medaka's long lost playing companions. Another would now feel guilty. The Card Hax ability would be dodged by a Serious Medaka armed with plot armor and thou must win. Ajimu will be guaranteed to use one of her crazy, coincidence inducing powers to walk out of the cards.
Saying there is no way Medaka Box will end would be a childish dream I am not willing to wake up from, but I think it's safe to assume that Medaka Box would at least go on a few weeks into its anime's 2nd season —and there might even be a 3rd season if Gainax stops treating Medaka Box like a 3rd rate love/school comedy, actually do the fluid animation they are famous for without ever messing with Nisio's dialogue for the 2nd one.

While this arc might look like it's going quicker than most arcs, I don't think it's going at a similar pace to the fabled "3 weeks until it ends/8 weeks and it ends" situations of Bakuman.

You are right about the vast amount of possibilities Nisio can explore after this arc, but there is one thing I find quite irritating—the fact that you reduce Medaka Box and Nisio's goal to taking jabs at any and all kind of manga/story. I hardly feel like that's what Medaka Box is 100% about and reducing its possibilities to those is quite irritating. Then again, people calling Nisio troll and what he does trolling also irritate me to a great extent, so I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Also, I doubt Ajimu was ever in need of a coincidence to leave the card. Seeing her like this is amazing~ =w=

Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote