View Single Post
Old 2004-06-08, 19:52   Link #37
The Xenos

I woke up my roomate with my cursing.. so you can guess how pissed I am about this. This is just the worst company to get it. There was talk of a huge bidding war over One Piece, so I souldn't be surpised the big company with all the money from cash cows like Yu-Gi-Oh would win.

I was hoping for Funmation from the start because I really like them. From experiences at cons, they seem like a really good compnay dedicated to pleasing fans. They also gave us the impression that they really like One Piece. My friend who got us all into One Piece and I ran into one of the Funmation guys at a con. He actully came to us to ask what shows we liked and such. We mentioned One Piece and his eyes lit up. He said there was nothing offital but there was an interest and you could tell he liked the series himself. I have never even seen 4kids at a con and heard nothing but bad things about them and they seem to be a company distant from fans.

My greatest concern is the dub. I like dubs. If they censor it I sure hope they have uncut versions, but if the dub is bland, then there's nothign you can do. I can only hope they might use the same studios that Funmation has used lately because I have enjoyed their work. I just wnat a good dub.

I was hoping cartoon network would get this and it would end up on like Toonami or even just later at night. It may be cartoony, but it's got a fair share of drama too. Face it, One Piece is now a saturday morning cartoon on Fox. I think it derserved better than that.

Now someone in another forum mentioned Shaman King being half decent. I admit I haven't watched it. I hope that's it is a sign that One Piece may get a decent treatment, but I can't help but think the worst or at least just bad. This just isn't calculating out to a good thing in my head. I think One Piece derserved a better comany than this rather than just the richest and possibly most cheap one.

-Xenos