View Single Post
Old 2009-06-06, 00:17   Link #55
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Well the good news is after the last episode this one could go nowhere but up for me. True this one was really nothing special, but at least it was quite a bit more tolerable this time. Some obvious recycling with the gags (from the last summer vacation episode), but it snuck in a good one every now and then. Character bonding was nicely done especially that bit of guitar practicing at the end there with Yui and Azusa. Pretty much what I came to expect out of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Not the worst episode of the series, but it was pretty bland and felt almost exactly like the previous beach episode with added characters. I'm not even irked at the fact that they just continue to tease us with musical development only to kick us in the balls most of the time, it lies with the overused and not so funny gags and scenarios they continue to recycle. I'm also confused as to why Mugi is a main character when she seems to be more background character material than even the clerk at the guitar shop.

I did like the continuous building of character relationships and pairings this episode provided. I'm really going to have a hard time choosing which duo I like the best, as I like Yui and Ui, Yui and Ritsu, and Mio and Asuza all for very different reasons.

Ui and the little scenario at the very end with Yui and Asuza has saved K-ON! for another week once again.
It's become too much of a common occurence now that complaining about it is like beating a dead horse at this point. It's sad really but at least the festival is coming up soon and they wont short change us there...

Spoiler for Manga spoilers: