View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 13:48   Link #1120
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
The negotiation process on most anime projects typically begins 1.5 to 2 years before broadcast (i.e. directors for Hourou Musuko and Yumekui Merry were lined up in late 2008 and early 2009, respectively). Nowadays, that's often shortly after a title has started being published.

If you've read on the relationship between the anime industry and light novel publishers, anime producers are actually asking the latter to produce content for them from the getgo. They've burned through so many of the popular sources that they can no longer afford to wait and evaluate. It's a reciprocal relationship in which publishers provide something that's fan friendly and easily adaptable, while the anime producers provide shows that advertise those sources a couple years down the road.
No...the point is that Aria has been doing well those years without an anime. So your baseless claiming of it and LNs in general as vomit don't hold water. Hell I can say a good deal of the mainstream novels I've read, both Japanese and English are crap too. What has author quality got to do with a business model? There are even authors who drop out because they cannot exercise their artistic freedom. Does that sound like something someone in for a quick buck would do?