View Single Post
Old 2012-07-26, 22:20   Link #49
Lost Cause

Has anyone bothered to look at the various states, cities and countries that do enforce some sort of gun control? No? Ok then explain this to me: Chicago Il. has has in effect a very draconian gun control policy of no handguns in the city, and a waiting period (although now it a no-no too) on long guns. And yet this summer alone has been one of the windy cities worst?
California; Extremly anti-gun, so much so that you cannot purchase a civilian legal (semi-automatic) clone of and AK-47 or AR-15. And yet gang violence has been on an upsurge!
New York city: Get caught with an unregistered gun and it's a year in prison! Still the crime flows!
United Kingdom: Once our brothers and sisters across the Atlantic enjoyed firearms. Nit any more! They were banned outright and rumor has it you have to have a permit to use a hammer? And crime has ballooned over there!
Austrailia: Same thing!
So please explain too me how gun control is really working for those places!
I too was raised in the south and guns were present every day if my life. I'm currently licensed through the state of Virginia to carry concealed and do so!
Does gun control work? It does for the criminals who care not one wit about the law!
As to the shotgun for home defense: wouldnt want a weapon whose very sound instilled fear in a bad guy? They know how devastating it can be, and do not relish the idea of facing this fearsome weapon. That's called a deterent!
And besides, I enjoy Hickok .45s videos on YouTube.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote