View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 01:10   Link #35
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I actually remember reading someone make a claim once that the reason for the "Meat" nickname may not have been due to Sena's body (or only due to that), but rather stemming from the video game they played early in the story, where "Meat" was one of the lowest forms of items. (So, in that case, "Meat = Worthless".) I don't know whether this theory is made clearer in the books, but I always thought it was an interesting argument that also makes sense (given that Sena's biggest "sin" is her haughty pride). I bring this interpretation only to question whether the other meaning is absolute fact or not.

I would also say, as a comment, that referring to a woman as "meat" (in reference to her body/breasts) is incredibly degrading. It wouldn't be beyond Yozora to do such a thing (as she has made other degrading comments about Sena's body), but yeah... not good.
I was basing my answer solely on the events in the anime, and I remember when Yozora first met Sena at the club room in the 1st episode of season 1, Yozora was absolutely pissed at the sight of Sena's bust size.

But, I went to check and make sure, and Yozora's first use of the name "meat" happened near the beginning of episode 02, when Yozora was looking at Sena's PSP. It wasn't in game nor about the items, but since this is the anime, I have absolutely no idea if the novel is the same.