View Single Post
Old 2007-02-03, 01:07   Link #138
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
@ dreamerz

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this - busy time of year. Yes, I'm afraid it's the computer unfortunately. You could try the MPlayer build for PPC linked earlier in this thread, but I think that your machine isn't really going to be capable of playing h.264-encoded video

On a related, but slightly different note - for all the people who've been using my custom build of MPlayer, I've just finished uploading a new updated version - built this time using the 1.0rc1 official sources, but also compiled with the custom fontconfig library. It's more processor friendly, and works very nicely indeed. It's built with X11 disabled, as per the other build - although I am contemplating creating an X11-enabled build, as it's even faster on my machine here; if there's enough interest I'll do so.

Until otherwise though - enjoy! The link remains the same as in the first post in this thread, http://mplayer.andiyar.com/files/MPlayer-custom.dmg .

-Andiyar
Hm, I've been unable to install any of your builds so far, and I'm pretty sure this IS just me! I wonder if I should try deleting the mplayer folder and stuff before attempting to install the build...