View Single Post
Old 2006-08-16, 10:11   Link #120
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
When Athrun is with ZAFT I have nothing against him. When he has the IJ I hate him. If Athrun died there would be no stupid IJ. I don't see the piont in having a invincible gundam like the IJ. The Same with Kira and his Strike Freedom. I was starting to like Athrun at the begining. He was cool and had a badass gundam. For me Shinn's character was fine at the end. I would rather have him like that then to be with Team Kira. I would have rather had Athrun die in place of Hien.
Alright well I can't argue that I would have liked Saviour to last a lot longer than it did. I liked it more than IJ because it was less invincible but we all know Fukuda was going to bring the Justice back so that is not Athrun's fault. And CE is all about invincible gundams my friend. Killing off Athrun would have ruined Destiny well for me at least. Heine was really a very minor and not important character Athrun is a main character having him die in place of Heine would not have worked. Well if you liked Shinn's character at the end of Destiny that is your opinion and I respect that but you have got to admit he was way better in the beginning. They let his character go down hill and degrade to what I said before. Shinn on team Kira I am against that too that just would not seem right. I wish that had resolved Shinn's problems like made him get over his sister's and family's death maybe made him grow and become a stronger and wiser person because of it. There was so much more that they could have done I would have always liked to see Athrun while in ZAFT on minerva take up more of a mentouring role to Shinn, but sadly they wasted Shinn's character potential.
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote