View Single Post
Old 2012-11-15, 17:18   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a highly informative episode. We learned more about Kogami's past and what caused his downfall. It appears he was very close to an enforcer called Sasayama, who was killed gruesomely by the killer they were after at the time. This is probably part of reason Ginoza tries to distance himself from his colleagues as much as he can.

It turns out episode 3's case was also related to Makishima. I didn't see that one coming. It seems like Makishima may not be trying to overthrow the system after all. What he does is provide people with a motive to kill (whatever it might be and whoever their target is) the means to do so. His ultimate goal is unclear. What does turning people into serial killers accomplish? For now, I can't really imagine. All I'm hoping for is that he has solid motives and that he isn't doing it solely for kicks. That would be a tad disappointing. Perhaps he is attempting to point out the flaws of the system?

This week's killer is very creepy... and pretty sexy. It had been a while since I last heard Maaya Sakamoto, she sounds as amazing as ever. As you would expect from a character created by Urobuchi, she is a complete nutcase. She'd probably get along very well with Ryunosuke and Caster from Fate/Zero. What she does to her victims' corpses is extremely disturbing and grotesque. This case is obviously similar to the one from three years ago, and not just because Makishima is helping the killer. This is the one that will make or break Akane as an inspector. It's still too early for her to break down, so she'll most likely be able to overcome this trial, although I doubt she'll come out of it unscathed.

There were a few more interesting tidbits:

- Ginoza's father was apparently a (latent) criminal.
- Yayoi and the doctor chick are as good as confirmed as lovers
- Kagari can't handle alcohol...

I think that's about it.