View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 19:37   Link #998
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Ledgem i would also like to talk to you a bit more you sound like a good fella, i'd like to know in what field are you working right now, and things like these. it is a rare opportunity for me to talk to someone who does not look at me like this when i start talking about my interests and hobbies, so i'd like to make the most out of it.

thanks in advance.
As of now I am still a student, studying to become a doctor. Before medical school, I was in graduate school working on immunology research. My end goal is to become a research physician (one who sees patients while still engaging in scientific research). As of now my ties to research are still stronger than are my ties to clinical medicine (social and business connections, knowledge abilities). It's a very long road. For the summer I am back in a research lab, teaching others about the joys of flow cytometry...

I would think that there are many things that you could do with a degree in electrical engineering - it's just a matter of finding the right opportunities. Since your English seems to be very good, have you considered any American universities? I've known engineers who received their Bachelor's degree in one field of engineering, and then received a PhD (or Master's) in another, less-related field of engineering. In my experience, many of the graduate students in science and engineering at American universities are from foreign countries (which saddens me, to see that so few Americans are even trying for these slots), so you don't have to worry about the programs not knowing how to process your application, or discriminating against you. If you go for a PhD in a field of science, you are paid while you take classes and perform your research; I don't know if this applies to engineering PhD's, as well, but it's worth looking into.