View Single Post
Old 2010-08-28, 10:01   Link #1038
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I'm late...

Anyway, there is only two things I want to write about concerning ep 7.

1, it is very interesting that the author is hanging a very big lampshade at the tradition of some random cute alien girl showing up and stealing the guy from girls who had knew him for a long time. Aoi's speech is really way overdue, for all the female characters who suffered because they aren't androids, aliens, or some magical goddess. At the very least, the point is made that Eris shouldn't automatically get priority just because she dropped out of the sky and is more exotic than the others. It was quite moving, with Aoi making it clear that she wanted so badly to have Kio but Eris is being a near insurmountable obstacle.

Aoi really misunderstood when Kio wanted her to teach him how to fight; he does see her as more than just a humanoid weapon, he simply wants to pull his own weight in this new and dangerous time. But her complex really made it worse.

On the other hand, Eris is also intentionally written as someone who is sufficiently compassionate, as to not be clueless about how her gatecrashing is hurting people. Instead of being the clueless idiotic main girl, Eris made it clear that Aoi does have a legitimate claim in loving Kio, but also made it clear that Eris herself loves him too and that this isn't about fighting over a mere object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, this is what in my opinion sets it apart from the usual harem anime for me. The emotions feel a bit more real and the girls less idiotic, especially Eris who is usually in the role of a clueless idiotic main girl is very competent here.

That is so true. I'm really like this anime is trying to do more than offer fanservice, especially with the fights and how the alien-issue is addressed. It's really good at combining the action and the comedy together with the same kind of themes.

In terms of Kio, I felt it to be a bit aggravating that the AV Girls said that Kio was popular with the ladies, because he's...nice. I think they were right in saying he was "A Gem in Need of a Polish", but I do find it odd he gets that much attention for being nice, clean, etc. I was feeling disdain, until he went to Aoi, wanting to learn how to fight. That really is giving me more and more hope for this series. I actually wanted that conversation to continue, but that Lyra/Kotone look-a-like had to get in the way.

This series could be epic, it just has to drop a few of those cliches, and it's golden.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote