View Single Post
Old 2012-02-10, 17:23   Link #1
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking Double Fine Adventure's Kickstarter Project By Tim Schafer

If you have played Adventure-Games, chances are, you have played a game made by Tim Schafer. Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, etc... The man has made some of the most memorable Adventure-Games known to gamers.

It is however, a niche market now, and as Tim explains, Game Publishers are kinda reluctant to invest in such games now.

Adventure-Games are amongst my favourite genres, and I have a Hell of a lot of fond memories and fun playing them. So when I caught wind of an article that mentioned what Tim is doing now... to create a funding for people to invest in, in an Adventure-Game made by his company, I was like, "HELL YEAH!"

You basically pre-order the game when you pledge US$15 to the project. Personally I pledged much more than that, but that's because I have loved all of Tim's creations thus far, so the amount of goodwill he has with me is pretty darn high.

Also, the furore caused by this project has apparently caught the interest of Planescape Torment's creator too, and he's musing over doing something similar to make another game set in PST's world.

What do you folks think of this? Gamers are literally "speaking with their wallets" on what are the games that they want to play, and shoving the middlemen (the publishers like EA or Activision) out of the equation.

Cheers.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-10 at 19:57. Reason: Sorry but no!
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote