View Single Post
Old 2012-10-27, 22:38   Link #82
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
And yeah the sugou online was way more classic villain than the one in real life wich was more subtile (especially with kirito )
As subtle as a brick to the face maybe. That's why I think he's a shitty villain for SAO. The part of his motivation with just him being a greedy bastard doesn't help either.

Quote:
to be honest I've always seen Kayaba more as an existentialist philosopher with some weird ideas than a real villain, so I consider Sugou to be the first real villain in the series. (of course, I do acknowledge that Kayaba has caused more deaths, but it's not like no philosopher has led/inspired holy crusades or any such murderous campaigns)

As for Sugou, I have an overwhelming urge to "KILL HIM WITH FIRE!"
As a person with a fondness for antagonists, it saddens me to see a technological show like SAO implement a megalomaniacal slimeball after someone like Kayaba, who I felt was much more appropriate.

Sugou would probably be my reason to stay interested in this half of the show if he was written in an fitting way, but this schlock we're given is an tool that exists for the single purpose of giving viewers who actually care about the main characters someone to blindly hate.