View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 20:47   Link #966
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I think the only twist we saw that I really came to truly dislike were the circumstances behind Korra's sudden ability to airbend for the first time. Even though the plot established the fact that she trained enough to get down the basic foundation for airbending, we were lead to believe that to perform airbending techniques requires one to draw upon a more peaceful, calm, and serene state of mind. Korra on the other hand, was in a tight spot and she looked desperate and scared. So it was hard to understand why Korra was able to suddenly discover her first airbending technique during a circumstance where her present state of mind shouldn't have allowed her to do so at all. So to this extent, I kind of agree with Kaijo. It could've been handled a little better.

I know Aang was fully capable of using airbending techniques in similar situations all the time, but as a master air bender, at least Aang was familiar with the feelings and the mental state of mind he needs to tap into to airbend on a moments notice, regardless of the situation. Korra didn't have that advantage during her fight with Amon.
Nicely pointed out.