View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 16:06   Link #120
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
nope. that's silly
You brought up Naruto's (who didn't even shield his vision) incompetency at dealing with a finger Genjutsu, to compare to Orochimaru who was vastly superior to Naruto at that point.

Quote:
it's one precaution to take against itachi sure, but it certainly doesn't result in anyone ever coming close to beating him that way.. orochimaru would have known that and you should too quite frankly...
I'm not sure if you're purposely being dense or you just aren't even following along. Let me recap for you.

Me: Orochimaru should have used Edo 1st Hokage to beat Itachi. It makes no sense though since the author intended Itachi>Orochimaru. (This is a plot hole)

You: (trying to explain the plot hole away) Itachi puts anyone who tries to attack him into an instant mind rape. Then end.

Me: Orochimaru doesn't even need to look at Itachi to fight him. Just have Edo 1st Hokage deal with him.

At this point you initiated random petty arguments and work arounds instead of addressing that issue.

So getting back to your paragraph no Orochimaru wouldn't be fighting him with his eyes closed. The Edo Zombie would. Are you following along now? Now that you FINALLY agree that not looking at Itachi in some way or form is a "precaution to take against itachi for sure".

Quote:
yes. if izanami is qualified as a genjutsu. even if it's not, it's essentially the exact same thing as tsukiomi just with a heavier cost. if the choice was letting orochimaru take his body or lose an eye, the only option is the latter. but that's only if orochimaru was capable of pushing itachi to that extent, which he wasn't or he would have done it
You lose on argument and jumped to another. I'm not going to get into the play by play of a fight between Orcho and his Edo Zombies vs Itachi. Just remember as character you named yourself after said himself "Each Jutsu has a weakness". Interestingly enough, if Orochimaru did use Edo Zombies to attack Itachi, they would have shared no physical connection what so ever (the requirement for setting up Izanami).

As far as I'm concerned I made my point. Which I will repeat for you again since apparently you have a hard time following along:

The 1st Hokage was never meant to be this strong, it makes no sense that Orochimaru didn't use him to defeat Itachi at anypoint after acquiring that ability.