Thread: Licensed KimiKiss pure rouge
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-13, 01:38   Link #4013
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Obviously, multiple male leads experiment did not work out (financially) and I doubt that any other studio will try this approach again with date-sims anytime soon. The one heroine storyline might have more chances, but probably we will see just more harems (sadly, as i would prefer singular heroine line focus).

Multiple male leads just do not work as the studio has to create another male character(characters) that have problems blending in with other characters and usually stay outcasts through out the series. Plus the male viewers usually feel that if they support one male the other one is 'stealing' girls as in date-sims they are used to rather comfortable situation with a single male lead and if other male characters exist they usually do not have any chances.

JC Staff experiment should probably scare other studios from doing the same again in near future so i would say that it will be harems all the way or (well i hope) a singular heroines story lines , but definitely not multiple male leads.
I had to negative rep you for the broken record way you kept going on in this thread, from beginning to end. Yes, I spent the weekend reading everyone's posts(well I skimmed most of Lego's as he was getting really annoying with his antics. The guy needed to take some Prozac or something). We get that you gamers were disappointed. We get it already. WE GET IT ALREADY! Man...

I'll probably end up buying the game for the PS2, as I do own a Japanese slim PS2 for games that interest me. However, because of all the whiners from the game, I'm less than thrilled about spending the money for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a school romance story. It won't end up like Lamune where no one even remembers it.

Just because it did bad in Japan doesn't effect my original opinion --- it's still one of my favorite shows from last year.

I will be recommending this show to quite a few people I know. It's a pity that this anime isn't going to be profitable in Japan. It's easily one of the favorite romance animes I've seen in 20+ years of anime watching. It took me awhile to find the time to sit down and watch the series, as I had a lot of other things on my to do list, but it was well worth the time and emotional commitment to the characters. There wasn't one character I disliked in the series, and the ending left everyone with a hopeful future, in different ways. It's a shame I wasn't around while the show was airing, as I would have liked to have engaged in some of the debates and character analysis that went on in here, but I wouldn't have wanted to have had to bash Lego's head in Jelly for all of his frantic posts about Kai. Someone would think he had a complex about the sax player.

Oh and I knew how the pairings were going to go very early on, and the signs were there for people to see, if they were willing to open their eyes to them. There was no sudden and abrupt plot twists that didn't make sense. The signs were there, way more coherently than in Canvas 2...

I'd give this show a 9.4/10, and am looking forward to finding more shows of this caliber. It's a pity I couldn't ever get into H&C like some others did. I watched both seasons, and deleted the show soon after, as I just didn't connect with any of the characters.

Thanks for all the reading everyone, it was quite entertaining this weekend. Now I'll have to rest my eyes up for a couple weeks as they've been put through a lot of work thanks to you all.