View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 06:49   Link #31
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post

PS Regarding the mystery itself, I think some people were overly focused on the "rules" of mystery writing (particularly detective fiction) yet the story for the film did not have a proper detective role and was also written to be a film and not a novel. More importantly, remember that Irisu got involved with this project late in the game - she says that Hongou studied the genre and "should have" followed the various rules. She does not state for certain that Hongou did in fact follow those particular rules - I dont know how well the subs conveyed this but it seems fairly clear to me in the Japanese.

It will be interesting to see what the "real" resolution is. Was Houtarou completely off? What is the real mystery behind the mystery? etc. The title for next episode mentions "the fool" - using the same word as when the group were talking about Tarot cards. So, does Eru play some major part or does Houtarou become "the fool"?
You know the problem is not just the rope alone, but also the amount of blood that should have been used.
It actually raises the question if the crime has really happend where the body was found.
Please watch again and take a close look at the Author's amount of blood and the one the requisition team produced in the end.
As you can see the difference is remarkable and also no longer the difference between post and ante mortem
This actually points to another place as the crime scene, which brings us back to the rope meant to not snap under a person's weight.
Who tells us that the murderer has used it in order to get to the crime scene and not to bring the body there?
This does again point to Kounosu btw -> Kaitou and Kounosu planned to meat up abovve from the start, they might have even planned to murder someone else together but kounosu backstabbed him. Oh and as for how he got up to her; Of course with the rope she let down.
Its also no problem that she is small as she she only needed to support him a bit and swing him in.
Which brings something else up - Did Katsuta have a hard time opening the window because it was damaged or because is been a long time since it got opened?
Also what about the knife? You need one for the cut off arm.

Another solution would be a trap inside the room laid by Kounosu or Katsuta.

This is btw not a single bit more obnoxious than the camera man theroy, its actually more likely than the camera man theory since it involves all the clues Hongou has left behind...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.