View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 06:18   Link #4
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

I was about to post something about this while looking for verified information. I just found out about it on Sankaku Complex then now ANN and Yahoo JP, and now it's starting to hit blogs and forums at the moment.

My friend and I were looking at it and we pretty much agreed on one thing:
This is the end of anime and manga as we know it.

This law when it comes into effect next year is going to destroy the industry. Pretty much every anime and manga that had any hint of yuri or homosexuality is banned. Any older, current or new anime and manga will be subjected to this law.

I fear stuff like the upcoming Evangelion 3.0 and 4.0 movies will never hit theatres or distribution once this law takes effect. Fourteen year old pilots and what not. Mahou Shojo series is going to be generally tamer. All ecchi anime and manga is dead.

It's pretty much the equivalent of Armageddon for the anime and manga industry in Japan. If this doesn't get vetoed or thrown out, majority of the animes and manga we'll see are something along the lines of slice of life, Rated G romance stories, and comedies with no hint of sexual innuendo and anything related sexually.

Stuff like Panty & Stocking, Mitsuodo Moe, Sailor Moon, Samurai Girls, etc. will no longer exist after July of next year.

I'm hoping the industry as a whole and the public itself will force the DPJ seriously reconsider this law. Given Japan's current economy, this is one thing they SHOULD NOT do.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote