View Single Post
Old 2009-06-03, 10:49   Link #23
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Most awesome trailer of this game so far. (Before it was just still shots with a "historical documentary" narrative, voiced by Lance Henriksen of Aliens and Millennium fame. )

Been noticing this MMORPG follow up to Bioware's famous KOTOR series for some time now, so now I'm even more interested.

By setting the story 3500 years before the Classical Trilogy, hopefully this should be more successful than the other Star Wars MMORPG Galaxies.

Since most of what we know of the Classical Trilogy has already been told in the movies and numerous novels that storywise, there simply is no room for anymore adventure. Not to mention there's no Jedi (because they're nearly all wiped out) or Sith (Rule of Two, and those are already taken by the Emperor and Vader).

Bioware would have no such limits in developing the story for TOR, and so we'll have plenty of Jedis and Siths. And let's face it, there's gonna be a lot of people who'll want to be a Jedi or Sith simply to look "cool", I admit myself is included.

Besides the Jedi and Sith, the other classes known so far include Bounty Hunter, Smuggler (the Han Solo type) and Trooper.

Not touched any MMORPG for ages since Ragnarok Online, and I avoided WoW not because it was back, rather, I avoided it because it was too good that it would ruin my social life.

Speaking of WoW, there is talk in some quarters that TOR could rival WoW, but I wouldn't go that far. WoW's insane success rests on its ability to draw players who know absolutely nothing about Warcraft lore, and simply to "have fun with their friends or family".

TOR can call itself a success if it achieves a much better subscription rates than Galaxies, let alone pry a faction of "lay players" (players who know nothing about Star Wars beyond its movies) from WoW.

BTW, that Sith sure does resemble Malak a bit.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote