View Single Post
Old 2009-09-05, 04:08   Link #2353
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
"Inherent Skill' might more be a refference to the 'Natural Design Ability' of the cyborg in question rather than what seems to be people thinking 'Inherrited Skill' as one passed down geneticly.

As an example: If I had Wolverine's Adamantium Claws. It would be said that my ability to rip your face off violently would be an 'inherent' trait to having said claws. An Inherent Skill.

So 'Inherent Skill' most likely reffers to an ability that is inherent in the function of a particular cyborg's body. Subaru was engineered to have the ability to use vibration as an attack. The ability is inherent to her physical structure itself. It is not provided by outside factors.

A regular human doesn't have an Inherent Skill, because they weren't spacificly designed like a peice of weapons engineering.
That is all fine and dandy except it does not account for that Jail cloned people in order to preserve the expression of IS.

This is a weird bugger in itself, because the IS has to be expressed in some way in order for Jail to know that the person has that IS. The easiest way is to see person use IS, however if the person can't use the IS, then how did Jail know that person has the IS? And if humans can't use IS, how did the doc even discover the existence of IS for him to begin selecting choice individuals to collect, kill and clone?

I'm not implying I am right, I'm stating what I know and how it seems to imply that people can use IS. You guys have valid points, but they are totally valid only if it didn't contradict this line where it states that IS were preserved via cloning, because it implies Jail selected his targets meaning that he knew they had IS, which then begets the question of how did he know.

Edit: Got ninja'd. Alright then, we need the Silver Retriever power, now! I think it's in one of the DVD booklets. Original and translated versions would be best.