View Single Post
Old 2011-07-01, 17:50   Link #185
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It suggest to me the author is trying to guilt fans into buying more copies, how ridiculous that something as cheaply made as ARIA needs more sales for a sequel.

*5879 *6 Zero no Tsukaima
*5185 *6 Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~

If those sales can get sequels than Aria is fine as long as it holds up. Something like Sora no Oto can get a sequel and a movie and have way higher production values.... 5k is generally the accepted "safe to make a sequel" range for cheap productions.. I mean who believes the Denpa one seriously? SHAFT did a Maria Holic sequel... and yes Denpa surely cost more to make looking @ the visuals but it doesn't need twice as many sales to break even.

Those tweets are strictly business, I would do exactly the same thing in their position even if I knew I had another 2 seasons lined up already.No way the break even line for productions the quality of Hidan no Aria is 5k.. otherwise the majority of anime airing latenight and relying on bd/dvd sales for profit would be made at a loss.

Well Kaioshin when you come into a thread on another forum, act like you're too good for them (saying I don't know why I bother to post here and than posting wrong shit is pretty funny man) and take comments out of context and act like an ass period you're going to get a lot of fanboys on your case... and protip you're just as bad as them.

I guess it is good yeah... I mean weren't you just saying all this doom and gloom stuff about them... you know the entire reason I posted that list because the company you loathe had one failure and somehow your brain short-circuited from the joy and it meant more than all their other successes combined?

It's funny how you pop shit about KyoAni all the time and yet when you're "corrected" you ignore it, the lol no grand prize for the KyoAni awards and KyoAni "hurting" being too recent examples People who don't even like KyoAni can see this so clearly...

It's nothing like Lucky Star/K-ON! and lacks the typical KyoAni otaku appeal, it's different... slightly but still different... people saw this from the get go.

The Manabi Line is a guide, when you sequels start to get made @ a certain range it becomes a case of common sense... obviously you factor in stuff like how high production values, timeslot etc... Is the anime a vehicle to push manga/games/novels? But for the most part anime runs late at night and is cheaply made... and for that I think the Line fits.. but something like Sket Dance for example is not going to be based on it since it's a yearly series airing 6:00PM on TV Tokyo and probably needs decent ratings as well as pushing the manga and op/ed singles to survive.

Ratings - Better than Bleach and sometimes Gintama (same timeslot/channel, different days)
Music - French Kiss OP sold a lot, probably one of the highest songs attached to an anime this year, don't know if more than usual for French Kiss though...
Manga - Had a massive increase prior to the anime, will probably get another bump the next volume
DVD Sales - 6k but heavily discounted, see what Vol 2 does, again may not matter...

Anyway back onto the point it's a guide, obviously if something had twice the budget of normal anime shows it's not going to be the same break even point. But the majority of anime produced is cheap crap and the line seems fine, you see sequels start to get produced once shows hit 5-6k range, SHAFT even put out another MARIAHOLIC when the first season only did 3k.

Anyway congratz on turning this into a discussion about the Manabi Line after it got brought up when you were gloating about the upcoming death of KyoAni. Always nice to change the topic when you're wrong.. it's a good skill to have.
Jesus man......
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote