View Single Post
Old 2006-01-22, 14:53   Link #462
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper

That's just about the most ridiculous display of teamwork I have ever seen. How many times could that orange haired woman say "for Lacus-sama!" before doing that very spectacular Power Rangers dive into the poor hapless grunts?

The fact that they are also members of the Lacus Brigade begs no question as to why too, REALLY.

Seriously, what is the purpose of introducing a character when you're only going to kill him off after 3 episodes? Heine's character got SO much more development than Kira and his Love Union squeezed into those 3 eps.

If Heine lived, GSD could've taken a different, more likable route (in my opinion).

I don't see what you're trying to get at here.

Shinn looked really worried, sad and helpless to help Rey. It's not as if we completely forgot about Rau's suffering. But it does not mean that all pill popping people should be wiped from the face of the planet just because of that. His character was just totally wasted, like Shinn's.

We are all fools in love, aren't we?

The fact remains that it was explained why Shinn had gotten to that level whereas Kira's GOD moding wasn't thoroughly explained. Just because Lacus gave him a cool new toy to play with instantly made him out to the GOD of CE and it's just not right. And please remember that given Kira's situation a series ago, Shinn had too much of the enemy coming at him in waves, who want him dead. Kira only had ZAFT to deal with back then. Shinn has EA, Orb and the Archangel plus its ridiculous GOD suit, Freedom. And they were all out for Minerva's hide. And also remember that the Minerva crew were all tossed into one battle situation after the other, each one even more horrid than the last. They were also going on limited supplies (after that very hasty trip out of Orb, it's pretty much a no-man's land for them until they reached Carpentaria and it's not just regular grunts they were dealing with, too). It's pretty much understood why Shinn has to go off like a Berserker.

It's not about Cagalli. It's her steadfast belief in her father's ideals, the very same ideals that burned down Orb a series ago, then in GSD. It's pretty unreal to think of a country running solely on ideals which is very in real world sense. They won't survive, even if their leader is an 18 year old tomboy as you say, Demongod.

It was shown that she actually didn't do anything at all, just make nonsensical speeches and make the world go round at the sound of her voice and sparkle of her magical pink pixie dust. Fukuda was the one who only made it that way. Remember, we had no idea in hell WTF Terminal was until Lacus got assassinated by the "Coordinator" team sent by Dullindal.

Athrun was one confused guy. I hate Fukuda for turning him into...a mindless person. Athrun's Obi Wan Kenobi relationship with Shinn Anakin Skywalker is one of the things why GSD failed.

After coming out of obscurity with much of their former skills intact (and to which we say, even "improved" as with the rest of the Clyne Faction crew), it is a plot device. Arguing that they were out of service for 2 years does not make them forget their fighting prowess or whatever, is like saying Kira got "Newtype" after staring at the sea for 2 years and getting better at Freedom rainbow spam attack while at it too. For one thing, they couldn't be seen hanging around Orb military facilities because they're wanted by their respective countries/factions, and the fact that the supposed ignorant emirs of Orb (only Athrun and Cagalli should know of their existence) could recognize them and before we know it, there would have been an earlier emir revolt if we're going to talk about Orb ideals of not interfering with other countries' dilemmas or diplomatic situations or what have you. And maybe kill off the GODLY cast before making their debut in GSD (not that I'm complaining). So it's all plot device.

Want more proof? Watch the hideous PHASE 50 again.

Neo totally destroyed it all for GSD, with his resurrection. He's the coup de grace or whatever that sealed its fate, using that plot device of all plot devices Akatsuki to bring even more injustice to this crap.

Now this is just harsh. Just because he sees it differently doesn't mean he can't differentiate good anime/story from one that is a complete dud.

But I thought you hated fan fiction?
wow you stated all the reasons gsd sucked in one post!
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote