View Single Post
Old 2016-09-27, 11:26   Link #4
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Animation Quality: 6 - the usage of cgi valkyrie models was pretty severe. I'm not a fan of it although I know it enables the producers to cut the costs and put the money elsewhere. Although the animation was crisp and sharp most of the time I feel that it fell behind other contemporary series.

Voice Actors: 6 - mostly because there weren't many emotional moments where voice actors abilities could shine. Voice acting was good and solid but nothing more than that.

Script: 4 - open plot points, bad pacing, midway series crisis, severely underdeveloped characters, a lot of wasted characters and sometimes hard to follow because of magical Kawamori logic.

Soundtrack: 7 - solid songs. Enjoyable and rhythmic although thats about it. Basic soundtrack (besides the songs) indistinguishable from any other generic anime soundtrack.

Editing: 7 - CGI was done pretty well although as always it lacked mass and proper physics. Nevertheless the fighting scenes were enjoyable and for me it was a pretty solid and noticeable upgrade from Frontier. Character scenes were mostly generic and the over usage of group talking scenes made important plot elements pretty forgettable and boring,

Enjoyment: 5 - I found myself enjoying the first part of the series but pretty disappointed in the other half. After some time I started to forget about watching new Delta episodes.

Emotional Involvement: 4 - I didn't find myself drawn to any of the character to the point of liking them more then others. Sub plots were more interesting to me as well as minor characters that were less important to the Deltas main story.

Average: 5.5

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote